Last week, in what can only be described as a small miracle, I managed to:
- run 7 miles w/ Pickles on Sunday
- arrive early to Tuesday’s BAA indoor track workout
- race the Gobble Gobble Gobble 4 miler on Thursday
- run 10.5 miles with the Marathon Sports crew on Saturday
- open registration for the Super Sunday 5K/10K on Friday
The fact that I actually ran 4 times in one week is enough to make most of my (three) friends wonder what the hell is going on. But factor in that many of these miles were fast, total 25+ and came without any complaints about my hip (or any other joints) even once, and we’ve got ourselves an episode of The Twilight Zone.
Lest you think I’m morphing into a runner, know that my buddy Jon came around me for a sprint sign during our 2+ hour ride on Saturday afternoon. He’s been riding the trainer for a few weeks… and losing that sprint was all it took to dust off my own trainer.
December goals: run three times per week, ride three times per week, run sub-18 at the Jingle Bell Run.